Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Album $ales On A Major DECLINE

450,000 Copies Sold.
People really are NOT purchasing Albums these days, the ways in which they Use To. Piracy, Burners and Download Sites Damaged Album Sales back in 2001. However, Now-A-Days, it seems that Sales are DEAD.

If BeYonce and Kanye arent able to Crack the 500,000 first week Sales week, I FEAR for Brandy, Britney and Keyshia Cole within the coming weeks.


Kanye West's fourth, Studio LP, 808&HeartBreaks, has managed to take the TOP SLOT of Billboards 200. HOWEVER, his first week sales are even More Disappointing than those of BeYonce's 482,000 Unit Push.
Her sales have decreased by 47%, as she ranks in the Fourth Tier of Billboards Mainstream, pushing another 257,000 copies of, 'I AM...Sasha Fierce'.

To date, Beyonce's 3rd, Solo, LP has sold 739,000 copies here in The United States.

KANYE WEST FIRST WEEK UNIT SALES...

2004- College DropOut: 441,000
2005- Late Registration: 860,000
2007- Graduation: 957,000
2008- 808 & HeartBreaks: 450,000

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah... I have to admit... u can get just about anything new for free on limewire. When Janet Jackson's Discipline album came out, more than a dozen mp3 files for EACH song were on the network ready for download. It's sad.

Songs that are downloaded from iTunes are locked DOWN with protection codes. So much so, that as someone who loves to use the SOS Wow Effects and Bass Boosters on Windows Media Player, I can't do that. It's too bad really...

But yea... I kind of figured that the record/music industry is suffering big time because of everything people can do nowadays.

Unknown said...

*shrugs* With everyone downloading from the internet..people see less of a reason to buy cds anymore...yeah it is unfortunate how it is..