Friday, May 9, 2008

Moving to Los Angeles...


EVERYTHING Seems to be VERY HECTIC Right Now! No...actually...EVERYTHING is VERY HECTIC Right Now.
It is OFFICIAL that I am ReLocating to Los Angeles, California on Friday, May 30, 2008, as to FINALLY persue My Dream of becoming a Professional Writer and Filmmaker. MOST of You KNOW that I Graduated from Film School, FOUR YEARS Ago, and yet...have been working as a Therapeutic Behavioral Specialist since 2005. BLAH!
I Thank God for Providing Me with such a Beautiful Opportunity. However, this is No Longer Fulfilling, and I MUST Use the Talents that he Birthed Me with, in order to create the Life for Myself that I Deserve. Ive been Writing since I was SEVEN Years Old, and I WON My FIRST PlayWright Contest at the Age of EIGHT. There is So MUCH MORE Waiting for Me in the World...and Clearly, as ALL of My Close Friends, Family and even Associates have said, 'XEM...Its Time'...'Go...just GO'. I AM....GOING...
My Plan, as MANY of You also know, is to Secure a Literary Agent within a Years Time. Unlike Models, Actors, Actresses', Singers, etc. WRITERS Can Not Simply Submit Our Material to Studios and Executives. We have to have a Literary Agent to act as the Liason. Its a Very Important Factor in Our ability to Garner work writing for Television. I Desire a Full-Time, Writing Position on a Drama Series. Id also enjoy writing for a MAJOR Magazine or a Marketing/Advertising Firm. Then, at ALL of the Company Events and Networking Soirees, I can Slip My Screenplay to Prospective Producers. This is SCARY...BUT...Im Going to Make it Happen. EVERYONE is telling Me that Im Going to Make it, and that After a Years Time, Im NOT going to Want to Move Back. However, I LOVE Baltimore. I LOVE My City. Im NOT Too Good for it, nor do I feel ABOVE it, in any Way, Shape or Form. Its Incredible. Im So Looking Forward to Sharing My Ultimate Levels of Success with EVERYONE Who has Equally Contributed to My Self-Determination, Motivation and Drive.
So, as I have JUST gotten OFF of the Phone with the Cable People and Internet People to have them Disconnect Service on the 30th, and to Forward the FINAL Bill to My Parents' Home, I ALSO Have a LONG LIST of OTHER BullShit to take care of. UGH* Its Soooo ANNOYING~
My Resignation Letter has NOT been Officially Submitted at my current job, though I told Everyone, this week, that I am Leaving in 3. I have the letters sitting here, BUT They have to be Faxed to the Appropriate Personnel Offices. I am Very WORRIED and CONCERNED as to HOW Im going to fit ALL of My Clothes, Shoes, Cologne, Computer, Camera, and HouseHold Appliances/Linens that I want to KEEP, All in My Car. Nyasha (My Sister) is Moving into My Apartment, So...I DONT have to WORRY about Moving My Furniture. HOWEVER, I DO have to NOW Worry about Starting OVER. I have Very Nice Things HERE, and I SERIOUSLY am NOT in the Mood to Simply Purchase New Sofas, Couches, Mirrors, Rugs, Baskets, Vases, Wall Drapes, etc. Thats THOU$ANDS upon THOU$ANDS of Dollars.
I Guess God Knows What He's Doing. Shevonne has AGREED to Come WITH Me; and actually Volunteered, So...though I Thought I would have the Passengers Seat, I DONT; Which in Disguise, is a Blessing to have her along for the 24 Hour Road Trip.
...and Yall KNOW how MUCH I HATE Driving!
I am putting the Finishing Touches on My Freakn Writing Portfolio, as well. So, Trying to get ALL of My Best Pieces ReTyped and Positioned, accordingly, is also a Contributor to My Freakn Headache. I Want to have the Portfolio COMPLETELY DONE by Next Sunday.
2Nite, Me and Nicholas are going to See CAMERON DIAZ and ASHTON KUTCHER in 'WHAT STAYS IN VEGAS'. Im HAPPY because I havent seen Nicholas in MONTHS, and this will probably be My FINAL Time seeing him BEFORE I leave. Tomorrow is going to be Quite ANNOYING as well, because I have ripping and running to do. Im almost DONE My Mothers Day Shopping, for I got ALL of the Cards for the Women in My family; Earlier this Week. NOW, All I Really Need to do, is to Place the Order for My Mothers Dinner. Me and Nyasha are Ordering Dinner for her, from The LemonGrass Restaurant, since, of course, they have an Entire Vegetarian Menu. PERFECT!
This Weekend is going to ZOOM Past...So FAST, and I just HOPE and PRAY that I get EVERYTHING Accomplished that I Want to get Accomplished.

2 comments:

deonte' k said...

Boy im going to miss u. Even though I've known of you for years I feel a lil' upset that now I've finally got the chance to finally meet u, ur leaving. (just like all the men that come in my life :( lmao) sike naw....Xem u are a wonderful person. My only regret is I didn't get to know you in all my years of knowing you were Darrick's friend. Ur spirit is really warm and welcoming and I will cherish that day we met forever. You go out there and give it your best. U got my (just as well as others) support. I will even come visit if I have to boy. Thanks for being u. Big hugs & kisses lmao.... and by the way.... I'm still going to find a way to get my photo shoot. I was so excited about doing it... so oneday we have to meet up once your all moved an all settle in ok. ;)... GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!! WE ALL ARE GOING TO MISS THE ONE AND ONLY XEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;0)....can't wait to see the light u alright have shinning be brighter.... luv ya! ;)

TheBlacks said...

Welcome to Los Angeles