The Incomprable
HEATH LEDGER
Already being HAILED as one of the Years Greatest Stand-Out Screen Performances, HEATH LEDGER takes on the Iconic role of THE JOKER, in this Summers Highly Anticipated, The Dark Knight.
Directed by Christopher Nolan, this addition to the Big Screen adapted Phenomenon, that is the BATMAN Series, shall only intensify the Cult Classic Xistence of this Generational Cross Over Spectacle. Critics and Contemporaries, alike, are already BUZZING about Oscar Nomination Status for the Villian Character, portrayed by the late, 28 year old Thespian; Mr. Ledger.
I was first introduced to the talent of Heath Ledger when he co-starred in one of my FAVORITE, 1999 Tween films, 10 THINGS I HATE ABOUT YOU. Playing an eccentric, High School Rebel, of sorts, Heath's vivid performance peered through a Dark Hole of Teenage angst, almost forcing viewers into an intrinsic evaluation of his boundless persona, which extended Far and Beyond the basic role that he had been given to play. Later, Heath would Dare-to-be-Different, starring alongside Other Screen Heavyweights, in such films as MONSTERS BALL, THE FOUR FEATHERS, NED & KELLY, as well as THE LORDS OF DOGTOWN. Heath was determined to not be Type-Cast for his rugged Good Looks; steadily taking on characters whose depth and quiet illustration of strength, would create a sanction of his ability to transform any and all means of emotion, into a 3 dimensional persona of substance and grace. 2006 would give Heath this Ultimate Opportunity, as he would star alongside JAKE GYLLENHAAL, under the direction of ANG LEE, in the Critically Acclaimed, BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN. Heaths performance and portrayal of ENNIS DEL MAR would catapault him into Mainstream, Commercial Gold; solidifying his position amongst Hollywoods Finest. Heath's raw, restrained and tamed motions of feeling, juxtaposed with an array of emotional outbursts, internalized beyond conviction, created an On-Screen entity that has NOT been duplicated since. MANY actors shyd away from playing a Gay character whose Love for another man was as intense and overbearing as his Love for Life in itself. However, Knowing and Understanding the depths of himself, as well as the Career that he wanted to stand upon, Heath took on the Challenge; even changing slight dynamics of the Leading character, while filming.
We lost Heath Ledger on January 22, 2008 due to an overdose of prescribed medication. HOWEVER, he leaves us with a Performance that I anticipate, above every other film that is due to be released between Now and the Early Oscar season. Not since DANIEL DAY LEWIS' performance in Martin Scorcese's THE GANGS OF NEW YORK, have I been more electrified and energized to witness the theatrical delivery of a Villian's wrath.
Very rarely do Critics even consider Summer Films as Oscar and/or Golden Globe contenders. RARELY do actors or actresses of the Hollywood Circuit deliver material and performances so Great and Worthy of Industry Award consideration in the Summer months.
As usual, Heath Ledger DARES TO BE DIFFERENT. Its his portrayal of THE JOKER, which is going to garner THE DARK KNIGHT, the continued accolades and Box Office success that is already piping through the Channels of this Cult Classic Phenom.
I Can NOT Wait to See this Film...STRICTLY for Heath.
'Life Without Photographs are Moments that Never Happened'




8 comments:
i am so anxious to see this film.
heath truly was a rare gem in the world of acting.
this movie really i think is going to be a high-note in his unfortunate tragedy.
wow I like your passion about Heath as an actor. he did a great job in broke back mountain...I saw he was on the brink of real stardom. The talented always die young:-(
After that, there is nothing left to say! He was definitely one of the best, broke my heart when we lost him. Not sure I'm ready for the Joker role yet but we'll see. Awesome review!
Yea, so I heard that this was supposed to be such a great job by him. Good for him and his legacy. Problem is...I'm just not a Batman fan AT ALL. I hope it does good though.
yes I can't wait 4 this film to come out! ;)
I really liked Heath. I'm sure he will do an amazing job in this movie. :)
No child - I don't messes with no scary movies. I had a boyfriend once named the Joker. The Lord let him die - and I promised the good Lord above that I wouldn't dare fool around on my husband LB again. But you gone ahead and enjoy the movie.
With Love,
Mrs. Mabel
yeah i enjoyed the work that Heath did in "10 Things I Hate About You" as well. His acting was incredible. he also starred in "A Knights Tale". I love that movie. I really want to see this new Batman only because of him. I really didn't care for the other Batman really.
I cant wait to see this film and The Joker has to be my favorite Batman villan.
Post a Comment