Last Monday, September 29, 2008, Janet Jackson was RUSHED to the hospital in Montreal.
As I signed Online that day and saw the Caption plastered across My Yahoo Homepage, I HONESTLY did NOT even read the article. With Janet, as with the 'Others', theres ALWAYS 'Something' that prevents them from Performing ALL of their Scheduled dates.
As of Saturday, Janet had abruptly CANCELED her Greensboro, North Carolina showcase, following the Cancelations of last Wednesday and Thursdays performances in Boston and Philadelphia. Last night, fans in Atlanta, were made aware, ahead of time that the show would NOT go on, as fans in Fort Lauderdale, FL, have also been forewarned that Tomorrow Nights show is also a NO-GO.
As far as I am Concerned, this is NOT a case of Vertigo, nor is Janet Pregnant. Janet is DEPRESSED, and feeling the Pressures of completing this tour, AGAINST her own desires.
Imagine being an ICON of the music industry, whose past three, Full-Fledged, Studio LP's have each FLOPPED; barely pushing platinum status...
Imagine being once upon a time married to a man, for nine years, who claimed to be the CREATIVE MASTERMIND behind ALL of your Concert Themes, Costumes, Lyrics, Photo LayOuts, Album Titles, etc...and for you to NOT garner the same levels of Success WITHOUT HIM; as you did WHEN you were married to him. HMPH!
Janet has become VERY pedestrian over the years. There was once a time where Janet was rarely EVER seen in the public eye. It use to be a BIG DEAL to see Janet walk onto an awards stage, or make an appearance at any type of industry event. Now, to see Janet, trolliping alongside Jermaine Dupree, is just NO Longer Special. She has become as Everyday and Mundane as the Cast Members from 'Girlfriends', 'The Game', or anyone else of network TV. Her appeal is as B-Listed as the artists and musicians whose record deals fall Under the Urban, Umbrella music companies. Janets appearances amongst industry events have also become as frequent and NECESSARY to her relevancy as Reality Television Stars who make Cameos at ANYWHERE they possibly can, to garner five more minutes of Press.
Janet has LOST that 'ICON.Ship', and has become Too Accessible.
Janet NEEDS to LEAVE Jermaine Dupree alone, in regards to her Artistic Decisions. She needs to Fall-Back for two years, and RETURN to the Innovative, POP Sound that framed the most Poignant years of her career. All of this Urban-Mainstream, Secular Sound, is NOT Signature of Janets Poise, Decorum or Style. The music is Stifling, and it doesnt warrant Success.
Mariah can barely push units at this point. The formula is TIRED.
MAYBE Janet is Pregnant. Personally, I just feel that She is DEPRESSED and UnSure as to HOW to salvage her career. She does NOT Want to engage in this Tour, and I DONT Blame her. She felt PRESSURED to continue Promoting herself to the Masses. No One is interested in hearing the Tracks from her past three albums; hence her having to Saturate her showcase with the singles ranging from 1986-2001.
Its as if 2002-Present is simply Irrelevant.
RENEE ELEZONDO was OBVIOUSLY Telling the Truth. I BELIEVE HIM. He was the ONE creatively concaucting the Themes, Concepts and BluePrints that framed Janets Ultimate Levels of Success between 1991 and 2000.
Just WAIT until Yall find Out that BEYONCE has a Ghost-Creator in her Camp too!
'Life Without Photographs are Moments that Never Happened'[Xem; August, 2007]




6 comments:
Finally someone agrees with me. She needs to sit it down and hang it up.
yeah HELL the formula is tired...I guess she is afraid to take a break because Beyonce, Rihanna & Ciara are always coming out with something new...guess she did loose track of who she was AND where she stood
I think its many of things...One she's out too damn much, it was a time, when u hardly seen janet. 2nd thing, its tht ugly ass "JD", and then its her types of song, i can say, her best album to me is still "velvet rope", but in all she just need to sit her ass down and hang it up
I have mixed feelings about this Janet subject. I do think Janet should take a break and go back towards her more pop sound. But I still enjoy her. I think she just has the wrong team around her career right now. Maybe she is feeling the pressure maybe not. But I do know she better be at the Verizon Center on oct 15! Lol. I think this may be her last tour anyway. She may be getting older but some of the stuff she does especially as a dancer girls half her age cant do now.... I think she still is Iconic. She paved the way for the BeYonce's and Rihanna's... I do believe there is a time to gracefully bow out of something but when a person loves something that they do its hard to ask them to do that. So I think Janet should continue doing what she loves to do. But maybe at a slower or different pace that coincides with her ability to do so. I love her as a actress too. Maybe she will focus alot more on that now that she is gettin older.
Wow! Brother dear, I am definitely one of objectivity (and glad none of my best friends are reading this article because they would be furious with you!), but I have to say that some of your points are valid, while some seem a little unrealistic.
I get that she's an "ICON" and so appearances and such should on some level should be more closely moderated so that it heightens the mystery surrounding the artist, however, between (not including the pressures of this tour) the constant comparisons between her and other artists, I am sure she aimed just to bump it up a notch to maintain her (as you stated) "relevancy". In my opinion, she needs to compare her career to the likes of Mariah or Beyonce nor more than they need to do the same to her.
Regarding Renee, I do believe that he had a large influence in her career, but I am not convinced that it was "him" (in an of itself) that created the dynamic persona we had come to love and admire in Ms. Jackson. My thoughts are that he and her just made a really dynamic team, and with her alone, I believe she can still (and has) garnered a level of success that may look different from her previous platform, but is very close to equal in the hearts and minds of her loyal fans.
I was really concerned when I heard she was pushing forward with this tour, especially considering that she had a clothing line, reality television show, and other projects going on. I hope she feels better soon and completes some of the tour dates (and possibly make arrangements to do a dvd of a show) so that she can counter some of this negative press she has been getting.
You know... my mother and I actually sat down and physically HEARD the contrasting characteristics in the music she made between 1986-2001, and the flops of 2004-Present, and there is just a lack of everything... from concept, to voice and sound. It doesn't sound like Janet, doesn't vibe with Janet, and you've got some diehard fans going crazy over it like it is the official COMEBACK album. No ma'am... I'm telling you, I think Janet is just LOST and needs to really just hide in obscurity for two years or so and really look back at what quality she produced in her vintage years. I heard that she doesn't even listen to her own music... and this is based off of one of her interviews guys!
Perhaps that would explain the deterioration in the quality of her music. No concepts anymore, just faceless noise (20 Y.O./Discipline) or the R&B-sound-likes of Damita Jo.
Post a Comment