Once again, with ALL of Your Unyielding means of LOVE and SUPPORT, I have reached yet another plateau in this journey.
As of yesterday, November 19, 2008, The Xem VanAdams YouTube Page, in care of
EMERALD EYE ENTERTAINMENT, reached our goal of 1,000 SUBSCRIBERS!
Initially, we set a Long Term Goal to reach 1,000 Subscribers by My February 17th BirthDay.
We've ACHIEVED this feat 3 Months Early.
THANKYOU for Standing AlongSide Me...
My Brothas and Sistas!


3 comments:
Xem, man I recently had the pleasure/honor of seeing your youtube video "Mothers Love Your Sons." I actually saw it on someone else's blog page.
Seeing that video is what led me here today. I want to commend you on the passion, sincerity and over all open hearted-ness that is expressed in that video. That's why I became a subscriber.
I'm at work and can't access this new video but will check it out when I get home.
Xem, I love with a passion bro and will continue to support you and all the videos and commentary you put forward. I viewed your YouTube video regarding the term: "Faggot" and it was well done! We really do need to address using the word against each other in the gay community. We I referenced the phrase "No Homo" by Lil Wayne...its little stuff like that which causes homophobia. But I was digressing. However, as far as the black gay community, it seems as if we are always COMPETING AGAINST each other.
I know in the ballroom scene that is WHAT IT IS MOSTLY ABOUT. Competitions which feature Realness with a Twist and we you see them, they are NO DIFFERENT than any other gay men in my opinion. I believe that we must look deeper into the problem which is about what I described as "masculine hiearchy" where when you are at a certain level of being masculine you are perceived to be heterosexual which is favorable. THATS THE PROBLEM.
Many black gay men want to use the status or portray this role as a heterosexual because it has less stigma than being gay. People oftentimes don't want to embrace all the qualities they have and instead emulate the hetero norms they have always seen or been around.
Thanks for bringing this to mainstream there are some of us out there that still use the word, I for one used it in a converstaion in reference to a co-worker that isn't even gay that I know of, but it was the meanest thing I could think of to say in reference to that person, it is obvious that the word has a nasty tag otherwise it would not impact the way that it does and it is really a mean and noxious word.
I do not use it on gay brothas at all because I would be calling myself a faggot too, it's kinda carries the same stigma as the word bitch carries for Black women, they are very often offended by the word even though they tend to use it on each other just as gay bois use the word faggot towards each other. It is disrespectful and it hurts when it is used; I was once called a faggot to my face by a drunk ass dude that was suppose to be STR8 we ended up fighting behind that and I broke my hand that holiday at a party after he made that statement all because I was getting attention that he wanted, but was to afraid to let them know he had desires to be with men so instead he creates havoc for gays by disrespecting them just so that the on lookers will think he hates gay men when in fact he is one.
Loving your blog.
Post a Comment