Sunday, November 30, 2008

I AM...Copy Cat [In Stores WorldWide]

Well...Well...Well...
EXHIBIT A
[The Motorcycle Bustier]
ABOVE
Alice Dellal
1992 George Michael Music Video Shoot
If It Isnt the THIRD BeYonce Persona...
'I AM...COPY CAT'
EXHIBIT B
Jennifer Lopez
1998 Photo Shoot

While I do, indeed, Appreciate 50% of BeYonce's Antics, I CANT help but to bring ATTENTION to the wide array of 'Moments' where she just simply gives the Media more FUEL to feed the FIRE. There are Countless Moments in Beyonce's Stage, Video, and Public Appearance Spectatcles where she simply SNATCHES the very idea, used specifically by another Starlett of the Music Industry. Its ONE thing to create an idea inspired by those of the past. Its ANOTHER to blatantly COPY the canvas; spraypainting 'Originality' all over the product...simply because your name holds a certain 'ICON/LEGEND Stature'.

BeYonce
2008 DIVA Music Video Shoot
EXHIBIT C
[The RoboCop Costume]

Photobucket

Kylie Minogue as RoboPoPStar during 2002 World Tour

Photobucket

BeYonce Stage Performance

Summer 2007

EXHIBIT D

[The Smokey Eye MakeUp]


Photobucket

Rihanna

Disturbia Video, Spring 2008

Photobucket

Beyonce

Promotional Album Photos, Fall 2008

EXHIBIT E

[The Descend in a Trench Coat]

Photobucket

Britney Spears

American Music Awards, November 2003

Photobucket

BeYonce Knowles

MTV Video Music Awards, Summer 2006

...and so WHY are we so SHOCKED and SURPRISED that 'If I Were A Boy' was WRIPPED from MySpace; the catalogue of a young, 21 year old white girl, whose Acoustic/Folk music career is barely on the rise?

WHY are we so SHOCKED and SURPRISED that BeYonce's name is listed in the album credits as a Songwriter for 'If I Were A Boy'...when CLEARLY, The Lyrics have NOT been changed in the slightest?

WHY are we so SHOCKED and SURPRISED that Kylie Minogues CyBorg Style Glove has become a Staple in Beyonce's most recent ANTIC in the Single Ladies Music Video, as well as in Live performances of the Single?

HMPH!

I AM...COPY CAT

In Stores WorldWide

9 comments:

Unknown said...

So what if she likes to recreate some of her favorite performances & model pics? Maybe she's paying a tribute to these pop stars. Stop hatin' on B.

Unknown said...

it AMAZES me how no one can say anything negative about this woman and get away with it...

Fancy Pants said...

Did we forget to mention the "Single Ladies" video concept came from Fosse....some white ladies from the 60's. If I were to use someone elses idea in one of my papers, I have to site the resource and give them credit OR be heavily fined only after I'd been discredited. *Sigh* Oh Beyonce'...

Anonymous said...

All of this is true, but I must admit: Beyonce does it better! And who knows, maybe she receives permission from the people she emulates?

Anonymous said...

When did she ever say she invented these concepts? I'm shocked that you would post this, knowing that everything old is new again. Show me one person whose doing something original. Rihanna didn't invent smokey eye make-up, it's been around for decades. That gold robot is from a 1927 film named Metropolis. Why not brand Kylie a thief? J.Lo did not stitch that dress by hand so there's no way Beyonce could've stolen it. Ciara, Rihanna, Leona Lewis, etc... have all worn dresses after Beyonce. Why not post pics of that? This is very one-sided and hypocritical.

Anonymous said...

Xem, why are wasting so much time on this. If you hate Beyonce sooo much, then why spend so much time talking about her. At first I dismissed your rants as hater-ade but at this point it's getting a little extreme. It's your blog of course you can write about whatever you want to. It's just such a turn-off. You are so funny, insightful, and intelligent...your better then that. Maybe you are just as in love with Beyonce as the rest of the world or maybe you just love to hate her. Either way, just let it go.

Cash S. said...

I agree with Fancy Pants. You have to site your source and give credit. Plagiarism is not cute.

You know the kids are not gonna be pleased with this post. You can't talk about their lord and savior and get away with it lol.

Anonymous said...

if you dont sit your funny looking ass down, fucking knot. she must have refused you an autograph? get over it. she is the shit, you are shit and there nothing you can do about it. while you continue your fantasies of getting the celebrity dick she will continue to sell millions, perform in soldout venues and star in blockbuster hits. bye joker face!

Anonymous said...

Xem, U know you can't read Beyonce' without her "stans" gettin' there thongs 'n a knot.
They just can't take nobody readin' there "lord 'n savior" (Got that from Cash S. thought it was a cute lil' kee-kee)
Don't pay them, hon'.