Thursday, June 26, 2008

My New Job [...already NEEDING a CockTail...]

Instead of responding to ALL of your Emails, Text Messages and IMs, Seperately, Ive decided to Post a MASS Reply to yalls Infamous New Question,
'XEM...How is the New Job?'

Today, all of the new employees of the West Hollywood office; Myself, Zo(The Indian Male), Dean (The White Male), Leah (The Latino Female), Alican and Ashley (The White Girls), Sarah and Esmerelda (The Mexican Females) andJayme (The Other 'Black'), had a meeting at the New Simi Valley office. The purpose of the meeting/training was to go over a lot of the new PECS Book protocals, PRT formats, Antecedent and Behavior Modules, etc.
...Basically...a LOT of Blah* Blah* Blah*...this 'Shit Dont Make a Difference' type of Nonsense.

So, as we are assigned to write detailed examples of the differences between Tantrums, Aggression, Anger, Fits, etc., we are also requested to read our short reports in front of the Entire group. Since, apparently, I was the only one who took the assignment Seriously, despite my feelings of despair, I was still writing when the presentations began. As a result, I was called upon to read my examples last. Fine.

After listening to Zo, Dean, Jayme, Leah, Alican, Ashley, Sarah and Esmerelda say the SAME, Basic Shit, Over and Over again, it was my turn. As I open my mouth to begin reading, Im thinking to myself, 'WHY Do I even WAISTE My Damn Time? I DONT Want to even be Here.' I THOUGHT about My Mother for a Second, and I Stopped thinking Negatively.

I read my examples in their entirety and look up at My Boss. As she is Smiling from ear to ear, she makes a joke in front of EVERYONE, that simply STAMPS into EXISTENCE and REALITY, Something that God has already revealed to Me.
My boss jokingly says, 'Xem...I Think You're in the Wrong Business.' She pauses and tilts her head...'You ought to be sitting at a Writers table at Universal Studios, instead of working for Us out here in Simi Valley. Hee Hee Hee.'

My throat notted up, cause She, nor anyone else who works for the company; with their Dreams of becoming Psychiatrists, Counseling Specialists, or Autism Spectrum Directors, has any CLUE that Im simply on the job as a temporary STOP on my way to that 'Writers table at Universal Studios', that my Boss joked about.

I LIED in my interview when she asked what my Long Term Career Goals included. I didnt want to say anything about my writing/film career, because she had already expressed to me how she was only looking to hire candidates who were looking for long term advancement with the company.


I CLEARLY NEED A COCKTAIL!

Im just arriving HOME, and have decided to make this post as a way of VENTING. Kiva is not here, for she was selected in her last casting to appear in Nas' New Video, which is shooting 2nite.

Meanwhile...

I really DO LIKE my Boss. She's just returning from her 4 Month Maternity leave, so she's very laidback, organized, friendly, supportive and overly extending of her office time. She has ordered lunch for me 2wice this week, and breakfast, once. Though she bores the living Hell out of me during presentations and supervisory meetings, I can tell that she's not going to get on my nerves and climb under my skin. Her entire motto is, 'Do as much as You can at Home, and make it look as if you did it all in the field and here at the office.' I can Dig that. Accordingly, Though Im not suppose to already be getting paid for my mileage time, seeing as how my client schedule doesnt begin until Monday, my boss is already covering my drive from home to Simi Valley, on a daily basis. She knows and understands my relocation 'Situation'.

I CANT honestly find too much WRONG about the Company or the Position, OTHER THAN THE FACT that Im use to scheduling my own clients over the past 3-4 years, and HERE, the company does the Scehduling for Us. I DONT ENJOY that, at all. I also DONT like the Fact that the Secretary does NOT process our reports or render our client sessions into the computer system. WE HAVE TO DO ALL OF THAT OURSELVES. I think thats totally Lame and Time Consuming. HOWEVER, after stumbling into a conversation that MAYBE I wasnt 'Suppose' to hear, Ive discovered that Im being paid MORE than Most of the Other New Team Members. HA*...which makes me feel kinda Special.

I Guess this ghig is IDEAL for someone who ENJOYS being a Therapeutic Behavioral Specialist, Full-Time; for Once-Upon-a-Time, I did as well. HOWEVER, knowing my Purpose for being Out here in California, it does feel a bit Stifling to be doing the SAME thing I did in Baltimore.

IM JUST RANTING, SO YALL DONT HAVE TO SEND ME MESSAGES ABOUT GOD HAVING A PLAN FOR ME, BECAUSE I KNOW. IT JUST FEELS GOOD TO COMPLAIN AND XPRESS MYSELF RIGHT NOW.

Accordingly, Im only staying with the company until I can stack enough money to buy All New Furniture, Appliances, Linens and Other Decore. Yall already KNOW that I left EVERYTHING to Nyasha, in My Owings Mills Apartment. She's inherited it ALL. Im starting from SCRATCH. So, yea...Ill just Suck-it-Up[The Job] until Im living Comfortably, again.

Im So HAPPY that Tomorrow is FRIDAY! I have a Slight Headache right Now, and I just want to lay down. I DONT have any MAJOR plans for the Weekend. However, I am having lunch with this Dude on Saturday. I have NOT been taking a LOT of Photos out Here, as I did in Baltimore; on a regular Basis. BUT...I am STILL going to release the Video of Me driving across country from the East Coast to the West. I KNOW that Yall are going to LOVE the Footage.

Have a SIN.Sational Weekend!


'Im Showered by Support and Drenched in Love'[Xem; April 2008]

'Life Without Photographs are Moments that Never Happened'[Xem; August, 2007]

5 comments:

Darius T. Williams said...

Ha - well it seems that you're "handling" the job quite well. Trust me, for a lot of us, our jobs are just a temporary stop. It's something to keep food on the table and the lights on - trust me, I know how you feel. Keep working it and never stop, even when you reach the top, invent a new one! That's the only way to do it.

Great post!

1/3 said...

wow..im all for staying at a company until you have enough money but it seems as if you have found your calling in film. Just make sure this temporary stop doesnt stress you out. I wish you the best!

Anonymous said...

Wow. Hang in there tho. I love the top picture of you sippin' wine. Cute. And thx for visiting my blog the other day.

Anonymous said...

This is clearly off topic, but I went to school with you at Towson...

Hey.

Bio said...

LOL wow the name of my book ill be soon writing...has cocktail in it. :)